Tom Maides draws on a combination of formal education, and years of construction, Home Inspection & testing experience.
- B.S. North Carolina State University
- Tennessee State Building Inspector (#418)
- ASHI Member (#103114)
- Professional Member of ICC (International Code Congress)
- Tennessee Home Inspector License (License #57)
- A licensed Building Contractor in the State of Tennessee (#41012)
- Chief Building Code Analyst (#532) SBCCI Southern Building Code Congress which is now the International Code Congress (ICC)
- Building Plans Examiner (SBCCI) & (5180221-B3 ICC)
- One and Two Family Dwelling Inspector (#2198 SBCCI)
- Housing and Rehabilitation Inspector (#1723 SBCCI)
- Certified Housing Code Official (5180221-H6 ICC)
- Certified Building Code Official (5180221-B6 ICC)
- Residential Combination Inspector (5180221-R5 ICC)
- Building Inspector (5180221-B5 ICC)
- Residential Radon Measurement Provider (National Radon Proficiency Program)
- Small Water and Wastewater Operator (Tennesse Department of Environment and Conservation)
- Energy Rater (#4880 RESNET-Residential Energy Services Network)
- Building Analyst (#5021220 BPI-Building Performance Institute)
- Completed Advanced Energy Building Science- Master Certification
- Level I Thermography Certification- The University of Mississippi
- Completed Weatherization Assistance Program Energy Auditor Certification & Contractor Certification- TN DHS
In addition, Tom served as a municipal building inspector for the City of Sevierville, TN for over 7 years.
Tom has been performing Home Inspections in East Tennessee since 1993. Expert, experienced, unbiased, professional, we follow the technical and ethical standards of the American Society of Home Inspectors (or ASHI) as well as Tennessee State requirements.
As a consultant to attorneys, mortgage & insurance companies, Tom specializes in analyzing building failures in commercial structures, multi-family residential structures, old homes, log structures, modular construction, latent new home defects, and new home building technologies and techniques. As a student of Building Science, Tom uses his extensive construction knowledge to help provide advice on best performance strategies for energy savings and comfort in buildings to builders and architects.